- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Transport and Logistics
DB Regio AG and ZF Friedrichshafen AG have agreed on a strategic partnership to bring highly automated and autonomous bus shuttles onto the roads in Germany more quickly.
Royal Mail has started a trial of scheduled, autonomous flights for two weeks between Kirkwall and North Ronaldsay (both in the Orkney Islands) with Windracers Ltd to help better connect remote island communities.
Unipart Logistics has secured a five-year contract to run the new, custom-built Jaguar Land Rover Global Parts Logistics Centre at Appleby Magna in Leicestershire, which will open in 2022.
Mammoet crews at the Gulf Coast Growth Ventures (GCGV) site in San Patricio County, Texas have recently completed the heavy haul of the largest modules to be received so far for the construction of a Gulf Coast plastics manufacturing facility.
Tasked by Polish company Grupa Azoty, one of the main players on the European fertiliser and chemical market, Mammoet recently completed the first scope of work that will lead to the construction of the propane dehydrogenation and polypropylene blocks of its client’s chemical facility.
Warburtons, the UK’s largest bakery brand, is rolling out its first 16 tonne 100% electric truck, a Renault Trucks D Z.E.
ABB has won orders from Swiss-based rail vehicle manufacturer Stadler to enable energy efficient and sustainable transportation for operators Nahverkehrsverbund Schleswig-Holstein GmbH (NAH.SH) in northern Germany and Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) in the German capital.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure will provide a charging solution for the Ostrava Transit Authority, which will expand its fleet with 24 Solaris electric buses.