- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Steels, Metals and Tooling
Volvo Group has revealed the world-first vehicle made of fossil-free steel from SSAB.
ABB has secured an order for the modernisation of roller table drives and motors integrated with the existing ABB Ability System 800xA distributed control system (DCS) at SSAB’s hot strip mill in Borlänge, Sweden.
Volvo Group and SSAB have signed a collaboration agreement on research, development, serial production and commercialisation of the world’s first vehicles to be made of fossil-free steel.
ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products has launched RailCor, a completely new range of corrosion resistant rails to protect from severe corrosion environments.
British Steel has increased its offering to the construction market by introducing a new high-strength structural steel grade.
Metso Outotec and Boliden have signed an extension of their service contract for Boliden’s Aitik copper mine in Gällivare, Northern Sweden.
Chicago Pneumatic has introduced a new all-in-one dust extraction solution to make metalworking applications safer and more efficient.
The European Investment Bank (EIB), with the support of the European Commission, has granted a EUR 75m loan to ArcelorMittal for the construction of two ground-breaking projects at ArcelorMittal Ghent, Belgium, to considerably reduce carbon emissions by converting waste and by-products into valuable new products, helping to develop low-carbon steelmaking technologies, in line with the EU’s climate objectives.