- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its Panama presence Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its presence
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
Transport and Logistics
DSV continues to grow its presence in China; its new Chinese management team of the Solutions business area is the latest logistics development DSV’s offices in North and East China are preparing for the future: a future with a more structured direction for the development of the Solutions division, which, after being spun off from the DSV Air & Sea division last year, has been upgraded by adding new warehouses, new products and a reinforced management team that is preparing for Solutions 2.0.
Boeing and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) will flight-test Long-range Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) technology next year. This remote-sensing technology could help commercial airplane pilots better detect and avoid weather disturbances to improve flight safety.
Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its presence in Panama through continued partnership with Unicomer Group and a new facility in the Colon Free Zone.
McLaren Automotive and the McLaren Technology Group are being brought together under one corporate structure to be called the McLaren Group. Announcing the news on July 3rd, the McLaren Group said unifying all activities under a single coordinated strategy and brand, allows ‘the exceptional reputation of each business for technological excellence to be used across the entire Group for the benefit of all its customers, partners and employees’.
ŠKODA is celebrating the production of its 15 millionth vehicle since the beginning of its partnership with Volkswagen. Since being incorporated into the Volkswagen Group in 1991, ŠKODA has transformed from a regional operator into an established high-volume manufacturer that is represented in over 100 markets across the world. Last year, the car manufacturer achieved a new sales record with over 1.1 million deliveries.