- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its Panama presence Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its presence
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
Steels, Metals and Tooling
Nouryon has acquired Zhejiang Friend Chemical Co., the largest Chinese producer of triethyl aluminium, a metal alkyl used in the production of high-volume polymers, such as polypropylene and polyethylene.
ArcelorMittal has published its first Climate Action report in which it announces its ambition to significantly reduce CO2 emissions globally and be carbon neutral in Europe by 2050.
South Korean-based Horyong has chosen Strenx steel to manufacture its special purpose truck-mounted aerial lifts and ladder cars.
Since Hyundai Motor decided to go from regular steel to SSAB’s Hardox steel when producing the concrete mixers for their special trucks, the demand has surged.
ArcelorMittal has announced that it is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality in the workplace.
ArcelorMittal has called for Europe to introduce a green border adjustment whereby steel imported into Europe has the same standards applied on CO2 as European-produced steel under the Emissions Trading System regime.