- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Steels, Metals and Tooling
IFS, the global enterprise applications company, announces that TATMETAL, one of Turkey’s leading flat steel producers, has chosen IFS Applications 9 to embark on its digital transformation.
ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks, a subsidiary of ArcelorMittal, the world’s leading steel and mining company, selected the city of Detroit as the company’s first wholly-owned manufacturing operation in the state due to its proximity to leading automakers, access to talent and support from local and state governments.
Emirates Global Aluminium, the largest industrial company in the United Arab Emirates outside oil and gas and the world’s largest ‘premium aluminium’ producer, today reported net income for 2017 of AED 3.3 billion ($900 million), a 59% increase on 2016.
ArcelorMittal has announced that its subsidiary ArcelorMittal India Private Limited recently submitted an offer for Essar Steel India Limited, the Indian steel company, in-line with the corporate insolvency resolution process for Essar.
Cost pressure and increasing quality requirements are influencing the automotive sector more than ever before.
TimkenSteel Corporation, a leader in customised alloy steel products and services, today announced the launch of its new, cloud-based mobile application to complement its Practical Data for Metallurgists printed guide.
“Les Coursives de Pantin”, designed by architect Paul Chemetov and inaugurated in 1981, underwent a major rehabilitation after some issues appeared regarding the façade.
Welding steel requires a robust and reliable tool; one that continues to work perfectly even when exposed to the harsh conditions prevalent in machine and steel construction or the production of pipelines, cranes or rail vehicles.