- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Steels, Metals and Tooling
The European Investment Bank (EIB), with the support of the European Commission, has granted a EUR 75m loan to ArcelorMittal for the construction of two ground-breaking projects at ArcelorMittal Ghent, Belgium, to considerably reduce carbon emissions by converting waste and by-products into valuable new products, helping to develop low-carbon steelmaking technologies, in line with the EU’s climate objectives.
ArcelorMittal plans to roll out a new sustainability programme across Europe, aiming to secure ResponsibleSteel site certification for all its ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products sites.
As automakers are challenged to improve safety and fuel economy, they continue to search for new materials to meet higher performance demand of body structures.
HRL Additive, a new commercial effort by HRL Laboratories, LLC, has secured the first commercial sale of its ground-breaking 7A77 high-strength aluminum 3D-printing powder to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
Complex corrosion challenges just got effortlessly easy to tackle following the launch of a global range of high performance primers from AkzoNobel’s Powder Coatings business.
ArcelorMittal has been ranked first in the world in five categories relating to steel companies’ readiness for a low carbon transition.