- Unique research project to investigate underground storage of wind and solar energy
- DNV GL has Appointed Liv Hovem as the New CEO of its Oil & Gas Business Area
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Telia, Ericsson and Intel First to Make 5G Real in Europe
- Novartis and UC Berkeley collaborate to tackle 'undruggable' disease targets
- Quaker Chemical receives Ringier Technology Innovation Award in coating industry
Automotive, Aerospace and Rail
Avnet a leading global technology distributor, today announced it has been awarded a 2016 Total Cost of Ownership (TCOO™) Supplier Award from Celestica, a leader in design, manufacturing and supply chain solutions for the world's most innovative companies.
S&C North Alliance – a collaborative alliance between AmeySersa and Network Rail to deliver switch and crossing renewals and enhancement works across two thirds of the UK – today announced that it had won the Infrastructure Achievement award at the National Rail awards.
Over one hundred job positions are listed on Rimac Careers page, with career options in all departments: Research & Development, Design, Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Autonomous Driving/Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), Operations, and Greyp Bikes.
Boeing and Japan Airlines have announced an order for four 787-8 Dreamliners. The order, which was previously listed on the Boeing Orders & Deliveries website, attributed to an unidentified customer, is valued at more than $900 million at current list prices and will expand JAL's Dreamliner fleet to 49 airplanes.
Qatar Railways Company announced that it received the first batch of the Doha Metro trains on the evening of 19 August 2017 at Hamad Port from Japan after 21 days at sea since their departure from Kobe Port. The batch includes four out of a total of 75 trains that will serve the Doha Metro project. The remaining trains will arrive as scheduled to start the testing process and be ready in time for the first phase of operations by 2020.
Strategic acquisition expected to provide new growth opportunities, expand geographic reach.
Mercedes-Benz Trucks has taken 3D printing a stage further: the first printed spare part made of metal, a thermostat cover for truck and Unimog models from older model series, has passed all the stages of the stringent quality assurance process at Mercedes-Benz smoothly, and is now celebrating its premiere.